Visitors Visas

There are three types of visitor visas which allow an applicant to travel to Australia as a tourist, or undertake specific business activities which do not involve payment or employment.

The three types of visitor visas available are:

  • Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) – these visas allow you to visit Australia as many times as you want for business or tourist purposes for up to one year, staying up to three months per visit. Only certain passport holders can apply for this visa.
  • Visitor Visa (subclass 600) – If you are not on the list of passport holders that can apply for a Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) you will need to make an application for a Visitor visa (subclass 600), this application needs to show that you have more incentive to return to your home country upon your visa expiring, rather than remaining in Australia unlawfully.
  • eVisitor (subclass 651) – This is another class of visitor visas that are available to applicants of certain passport’s, this visa is free of charge and allows you to visit Australia for business or tourist purposes for up to 12 months, with each stay being up to three months.

If you have any questions about these requirements, or would like to speak to one of our experts for more information on Australian visas get in touch with us today.