Bringing your Partner / Fiancé to Australia

In order to be eligible for Partner Migration, you must meet a number of qualifying criteria.

To apply for a De facto or Spouse Visa:

  • You and your partner need to be able show proof of your commitment and exclusive relationship to one another; regardless of being married or not.
  • You will need to show proof that the relationship is genuine and continuing
  • Generally, you both need to be aged 18 or over
  • You must pass health and character criteria

Prospective Marriage Visa

If you intend to marry an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be entitled to apply for a prospective marriage visa. Once granted, you then have 9 months to marry and then apply for the Spouse (temporary residency) visa.

Spouse / De-facto (temporary residency or permanent residency) Visa

Once your spouse visa is granted, you will be issued with visa that allows you to stay in Australia for 2 years and you will have full work and study rights during this period. After the two year period, you will be entitled to apply for permanent residence through your relationship provided that your relationship is still genuine and continuing. One of our registered migration agents will advise with detailed information on which course of action would best suit your needs.